Metabolic Engineering for Industrial Biotech
This two-day course will focus on metabolic engineering as applied to high volume/low cost chemicals and materials and the unique choices and approaches that attend work in this area. A world class group of instructors from academia and industry will cover the agenda in an interactive format with case studies throughout.
Who should attend?
- Gain an appreciation of the distinctive features of applying biotechnology and metabolic engineering in large scale, industrial projects.
- Survey the tools used in industrial biotechnology, and learn how systems approaches – in both biology and engineering – interact to define and provide direction for experimentation.
- Develop an historical perspective on the field, and a practical perspective gleaned from exposure to both successful and unsuccessful endeavors.
- Through case studies, understand the interplay between biology, engineering, and economic requirements, and how both theoretical and empirical approaches are used to move projects forward.
- Individuals considering entering this area
- Management personnel seeking to understand the unique context of industrial biotechnological projects
- Engineers and scientists seeking to improve their overall understanding of the distinctive nature of industrial biotechnology
- John Pierce, Ph.D., Principal, Devenir Consulting, LLC
- Adam Feist, Ph.D., Project Scientist, UC San Diego
- Ben Griffin, Ph.D., Senior Director, Microbial and Enzyme Engineering, Synthetic Genomics
- Jeff Lievense, Ph.D., Senior Engineering Fellow, Genomatica
- Dennis Adkesson, Consultant, Tate & Lyle.
- Bernhard Palsson, Ph.D., Principal Investigator, UC San Diego
- Kirsty Salmon, Ph.D., Head of Research, BP
This workshop is offered in conjuction with Microbial Fermentation
during the August 2017 Industrial Biotechnology Workshop
week. For more information, please contact Felicia Murray at email@example.com or (858) 534-9353
- COURSE NUMBER BIOL-80005
- CREDIT 0.00 unit(s)
Popular in Industrial Biotechnology
Metabolic Engineering/Microbial Fermentation Workshop
Microbial Fermentation Workshop
Downstream Processing and Refinement of Biofuels
Analytical Chemistry Laboratory
Metabolic Engineering for Industrial Biotechnology
Genetics and Physiology of Photosynthetic Microorganisms