During this trying time, UC San Diego Extension remains committed to helping you achieve your goals. In an effort to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, we have transitioned all of our Winter courses to an online or hybrid format. Online classes will have pre-recorded lectures each week and guided assignments from the instructor. Hybrid classes are fully online with live virtual class meetings each week using our Zoom conferencing system.
Are you ready to transform your body into its optimal state-of-being? Learn how to use the natural healing power of food to rejuvenate yourself from the inside-out. This course teaches a proven, practical and delicious way to fight and protect against obesity, diabetes, heart disease, autoimmune disorders and cancer. Designed by nutrition researcher and preventive medicine physician Gordon Saxe, MD, PhD, lessons draw from nutrition science, epidemiology and time-tested principles (and delightful cuisines) from around the world.
By enrolling in this cooking retreat, students will:
- Understand the effects of dietary patterns on health and illness, and the common denominators of health around the world and throughout the ages.
- Explore methods to get the best texture and flavor from multiple types of grains and legumes
- Learn the tricks to picking the perfect vegetables and fruits.
- Discover new food preparation skills and cooking techniques that draw out healing properties and most flavorful qualities of foods, herbs, and spices.
- Gain practical tips, customized tools, and menu plans to fit your unique lifestyle.
- Hundreds of free, health-promoting, quick-and-easy recipes.
- Ongoing support network and tools.
This Natural Healing and Cooking Course is Offered Online
Students are required to purchase ingredients on their own.
This class is pre-recorded online only. You are not required to be at your computer for specific meeting times. You will particiate in an asynchronous format.
To complete Part II of the Integrative Nutrition Certificate, you must also complete the Nutrition Practicum course.
Note: You do not have to be enrolled in the certificate to take this course space allowing. Be advised priority enrollment to in person courses is given to Integrative Nutrition Certificate Candidates. If you have questions please reach out to email@example.com.
Course Number: FPM-40623
Credit: 2.50 unit(s)
Related Certificate Programs: Integrative Nutrition
+ Expand All
6/21/2021 - 9/11/2021