Are you ready to transform your body into its optimal state-of-being? Learn how to use the natural healing power of food to rejuvenate yourself from the inside-out. This interactive 4-day retreat teaches a proven, practical and delicious way to fight and protect against obesity, diabetes, heart disease, autoimmune disorders and cancer. Designed by nutrition researcher and preventive medicine physician Gordon Saxe, MD, PhD, lessons draw from nutrition science, epidemiology and time-tested principles (and delightful cuisines) from around the world.
Experience a cooking class series that teaches a proven, practical, and delicious way to renew the body from the inside-out, fight and protect against obesity, diabetes, heart disease, autoimmune disorders and cancer. Enjoy delicious, balanced, and easy-to-prepare whole-food, plant-based meals with organic ingredients sourced locally.
By enrolling in this 4-day retreat, students will:
- Understand the effects of dietary patterns on health and illness, and the common denominators of health around the world and throughout the ages
- Enjoy delicious, balanced, and easy-to-prepare whole-food, plant-based meals sourced locally with organic ingredients.
- Explore methods to get the best texture and flavor from more than twenty different types of grains and legumes.
- Learn the tricks to picking the perfect vegetables and fruits.
- Discover new food preparation skills and cooking techniques that draw out healing properties and most flavorful qualities of foods, herbs, and spices.
- Gain practical tips, customized tools, and menu plans to fit your unique lifestyle.
- Hundreds of free, health-promoting, quick-and-easy recipes.
- Course materials, handouts and worksheets.
- Ongoing support network and tools.
Boys & Girls Clubs of San Dieguito
1221 Encinitas Blvd, Encinitas, CA 92024
From Encinitas Blvd:
-Turn onto Melba Rd
-Drive past the Oakcrest Country Park parking lot
-The Teaching Kitchen parking lot will be at the top of the hill on the left-hand side
-It a short walk to the building. Teaching kitchen is located at the far end of the building
*Parking is free
To complete Part II of the Integrative Nutrition Certificate, you must also complete the Nutrition Practicum course.
Other Credits: BRN/RD: 25 CE hrs. BRN does not award partial credits
Note: You do not have to be enrolled in the certificate to take this course space allowing. Be advisd priority enrollment is given to Integrative Nutrition Certificate Candidates. If you have questions please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Course Number: FPM-40623
Credit: 2.50 unit(s)
Related Certificate Programs: Integrative Nutrition