Output Delivery System (ODS) and Data Visualization Essentials using SAS
The traditional SAS output has limitations that can make it difficult to derive the most value from your data. Output Delivery Systems (OSD) removes those limitations by enabling the creation of reports in HTML, PDF, Microsoft Excel, or other formats. These reports can be customized with colors, fonts, graphics, and styles to create dynamic, engaging presentations.
This course teaches students to leverage ODS to create high-quality reports, while providing a better understanding of the statements, parameters, and options required to deliver the desired output. The topics incorporate DATA and PROC step programming techniques into hands-on projects creating outputs in RFT, PDF, HTML, and Excel.
- Selecting output objects with selection or exclusion lists
- Using SAS-supplied formatting statements, options, and styles
- Formatting output as RTF and PDF
- Formatting output as HTML
- Sending output to Microsoft Excel and Word
- Using ODS graphics statement options
- Constructing drill-down applications
- Use ODS to create SAS output in RTF, PDF, HTML, and Excel formats
- Create data visualizations using ODS statistical graphics
Software: Students must download and install SAS University Edition. There is no additional cost for this product. Please note, SAS University Edition is required, as not all functions taught in this class can be completed using SAS OnDemand for Academics: Enterprise Guide.
Course typically offered: Online in Fall and Spring
Prerequisites: Completion of SAS Programming II: Advanced DATA Step Programming or one year of SAS programming experience is required.
Next Steps: Upon completion of this course, consider taking PROC SQL using SAS or SAS Macro Programming to continue learning.
More Information: For more information about this course, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Course Number: CSE-41192
Credit: 2.00 unit(s)
Related Certificate Programs: SAS Programming
+ Expand All
4/30/2018 - 6/16/2018