Join the growing movement of environmental professionals working with their surrounding community to co-design the conservation programs that will impact them the most! Learn to co-design conservation programs with, not for, diverse communities using participatory design processes. Catalyze the urgent and equitable community engagement needed to conserve biodiversity in our world today. This course helps you to learn the seminal tenets of why and how to create inclusive conservation programming by applying evidence-based engagement methods to your campaigns.
Students will learn the basic principles that underpin effective engagement of stakeholders in the co-design of conservation programming with the community it will impact the most.
- Understand why it is important to co-design conservation with (not for) communities
- Demonstrate how to identify stakeholders within diverse communities
- Explore analysis methods that help choose equitable engagement strategies
- Practice engagement strategies and how to calculate which works best for your program
- Identify how to define and measure success
Course Number: ENVR-40019
Credit: 3.00 unit(s)
Related Certificate Programs: Sustainability & Behavior Change
+ Expand All
10/5/2020 - 12/5/2020