Photo III: Portfolio
9 Weeks | $325 | Hybrid
The key to success as a photographer is distinguishing yourself from your contemporaries through process, practice and vision. This advanced course helps synthesize the skills you’ve cultivated, and solidify your role as a photographic artist. Through purposeful assignments, as well as thought provoking and inspirational readings, refine your ability to analyze photographs from a technical and creative standpoint. Learn how to write a strong, effective artist’s statement of your personal purpose in photography, putting your identity as an artist into sharp focus. Assignments include preparing and presenting a polished portfolio, investigating next steps to becoming a professional, working photographer, essentials in business practices in different markets (commercial, wedding, portraiture, artistic) as well as further exploration of copyright issues.
What You Will Learn:
- Essentials in business practices in different markets and how to brand yourself within a chosen market.
- Re-shooting and reworking current images, based on peer and instructor feedback.
- Contemporary copyright issues.
- How to create and present a polished digital and print portfolio.
- How to further develop a personal voice and artistic style.
- Ability to analyze photos from a technical and creative standpoint.
- How to create a brand or artist statement of personal purpose in photography.
- Apply branding techniques to make a stylized and specific identity within photography.
- Understand copyright issues in photography work.
- Develop awareness about business practices in different photography markets.
- A complete portfolio of images for presentation.
Quarters Offered: Winter | Hybrid
Course Fee: $325
Prerequisite: Must have completed all required courses as well as 10 of the 14 elective units. Course satisfies certificate print requirement.
Materials/Software/Hardware: Fully adjustable DSLR or prosumer camera and Creative Cloud Photography Plan required (Lightroom Classic not Lightroom CC).
Note: Required course for Photography: Images and Techniques professional certificate.
Contact: For more information about this course, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Course Number: ART-40632
Credit: 3.00 unit(s)
Related Certificate Programs: Photography: Images and Techniques