UC San Diego operates on the quarter system and applications are accepted for Fall, Winter, and Spring quarter start dates.
All components of the application (including applications fees) should be submitted approximately four months prior to the desired start date. This allows for a holistic review of the application and time for the admitted applicant to complete orientation requirements before classes begin.
*Please note there have been recent updates to the application deadlines below.*
||March 15, 2019
||June 15, 2019
||Thursday, September 26, 2019
||August 16, 2019
||September 28, 2019
||Monday, January 6, 2020
||September 30, 2019
||November 30, 2019
||Monday, March 30, 2020
Total cost of the program will vary depending on the needs of the individual. Fees are subject to change without notice.
A non-refundable $50 application fee must must be paid by all individuals who register through thier UC San Diego Extension account as part of the application process.
PostBacCAS currently charges $130 for their services. All applications must be submitted via PostBacCAS, a centralized application service which allows applicants to research programs and then use one online application to apply to all programs of interest.
A $150 registration fee must must be paid by accepted applicants prior to enrollment in courses.
The program fee is $420 per unit and includes:
- Enrollment priority over other, non-matriculated individuals seeking enrollment in courses necessary for healthcare program admission.
- Customized course plan specific to each participants' career goals, based on when the participant will be attempting the appropriate standardized exam and when the participant plans to apply to the particular health program. No standard curriculum.
- Advising and coaching.
- Participation in the Pathway to Healthcare Careers Workshops intended to familiarize the participant with the program, to explore the participant’s individual goals, and to give insight into all aspects of the application process.
- Standardized test preparation discounts.
- Potential to secure a composite letter of recommendation.
ACMS Resource Fee:
A $50 Educational Technology Services (formerly ACMS) fee per quarter will be assessed for all individuals who are enrolled in one or more courses that request access to ACMS resources (e.g., TritonEd, podcasts, on-campus computer labs, etc.).
A $75 laboratory fee will be assessed for each lab course in which the individual enrolls.
At the completion of the program, individuals may apply to the Health Professions Advisory Committee for a composite letter of recommendation, an individualized and specific letter addressing the candidacy of the applicant. PBPH students must have completed a minimum of three courses and earned a 3.5 GPA while enrolled in the program in order to be considered for recommendation. An interview may be required.
Awarded to those individuals that:
- complete all required workshops
- complete a minimum of 24 quarter units (approximately six courses) while enrolled in the program
- achieve a minimum 3.3 GPA in the courses completed while enrolled in the program
- Dr. Laurie Smith, Professor and Director of Undergraduate Education, Division of Biological Sciences
- Dr. Ulrich Miller, Associate Professor and Vice Chair of Education, Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry
- Celerina L. Cornett, MPH, MAS- Director, Healthcare Education, UC San Diego Extension
- Ronald Reyes, MA - Program Manager/Student Advisor, Post-Baccalaureate Healthcare Programs, UC San Diego Extension
Health Professions Advisory Committee