PROC SQL using SAS
SAS is a powerful and versatile language for data manipulation, and the ability to implement SQL within SAS creates additional levels of usefulness and flexibility. Not only does PROC SQL often use fewer and shorter statements than built-in SAS procedures, it also often improves the efficiency of the code.
This course provides students with general knowledge of the SQL procedure using SAS software as a database language and the practical skills needed to become proficient using PROC SQL as a programming language. Students will put their newly acquired PROC SQL skills to use in real-world, hands-on programming projects.
- Retrieving, subsetting, ordering, and grouping data
- Logic scenarios with case expressions
- Tables and "virtual" tables
- Aggregating data with summary functions
- DATA step merges and joins
- One-to-one, one-to-many, many-to-one, and many-to-many data relationships
- Complex queries using inner and outer join constructs and set operators
- Producing output using PROC SQL options
- Hands-on SAS programming projects, using PROC SQL
Software: Students must download and install SAS University Edition. There is no additional cost for this product. Please note, SAS University Edition is required, as not all functions taught in this class can be completed using SAS OnDemand for Academics: Enterprise Guide.
Course typically offered: Online in Fall and Spring
Prerequisites: Completion of SAS Programming II or one year of SAS programming experience required.
Next Steps: Upon completion of this course, consider taking Output Delivery System (ODS) and Data Visualization Essentials using SAS or SAS Macro Programming to continue learning.
More Information: For more information about this course, please contact email@example.com.
Course Number: CSE-41190
Credit: 2.00 unit(s)
Related Certificate Programs: SAS Programming
+ Expand All
4/2/2018 - 5/14/2018
9/24/2018 - 11/5/2018