Next program begins in February 2018!
Developing new products and managing them through their life cycle is the lifeblood of companies—especially those in technology and science—but new product development is risky and most new products fail. The solution lies in an organization’s ability to successfully implement and manage a professional product management process that takes new ideas from concept to launch using a rigorous multi-department process led by a Product Manager and a cross functional team.
The UC San Diego Extension Product Management program offers students a comprehensive look into the elements and skills necessary to manage a successful product management process at their company. From learning the phase-gate process critical to product management success to the team and leadership skills necessary to lead a cross functional product management team, the Product Management program provides the real world tools necessary to be a successful product manager. Coursework includes class lectures, field trips, hands-on cases, projects and market simulations to maximize learning in a short period of time.
The program benefits both new and experienced professionals who want to sharpen their skills and learn the latest product management techniques. Professionals include current product managers and those in engineering, marketing, sales, finance, operations, customer service and manufacturing.
- Learn what it takes to be a successful product manager
- Discover ways to help your company be more innovative
- Stay up-to-date on the latest product management practices
- Improve your skills while increasing your value to the company
- Experience real-world situations through simulations and company tours
- Miss minimal time from work with Friday and Saturday courses
- Complete the program in just five months
- Product Management, Planning and Leadership
- Cross Functional Product Teams, Decision Making
- Finance for the Product Manager, Analyzing the Industry and Competition
- Market Segmentation, Target Markets, Product Planning and Sales Forecasting
- New Product Process including Phase Gate
- Product Portfolio Management and End of Life
The program consists of six modules and is scheduled every three weeks between February and June. Class sessions are held Fridays from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., and Saturdays 9 a.m. to 12 p.m..
For more information, contact:
Susie Baranowski, (858) 534-9148, firstname.lastname@example.org
Course Number: BUSA-40217
Credit: 11.00 unit(s)