This course provides the basic skills, tools, and techniques to properly manage project costs and risks in an environment that continuously improves project management quality. The PMBOK® Guide has provided you with the “what”. Through instruction and realistic, scenario-based assignments, students are introduced to organized and practical approaches to manage project costs and risks, and improve overall project management processes. In this course, you will learn:
- The fundamental concepts of project cost, risk, and quality management and their interrelationships
- How to use best practices and multiple techniques to estimate project activities and tasks
- How to use cost estimates to construct basic project budgets
- Basic project financial and risk controls
- The importance of risk management to both project and organizational success
- Risk management processes, tools, and techniques needed to construct and maintain a comprehensive risk log for cost effective risk management
- Use basic quality tools, not just to measure the quality of project output, but the quality of the project management process itself
This course will provide 27 education hours. To receive Professional Development Units (PDU’s), submit your UCSD transcript to the Project Management Institute (PMI).
Note: Students should complete Project Management Essentials, Project Management Essentials in Science and Technology, or Project Management Boot Camp before enrolling in this course.
For questions about this course, please contact ProjectManagement@ucsd.edu.
Course Number: BUSA-40926
Credit: 3.00 unit(s)
Related Certificate Programs: Project Management
+ Expand All
10/14/2019 - 12/14/2019
1/21/2020 - 3/21/2020
1/22/2020 - 3/18/2020