Take a deep dive into planning and scheduling principles. Acquire knowledge and techniques necessary to initiate, plan, estimate, and schedule your next project successfully. Work within project teams to experience the planning process while generating associated planning documents. Other topics include project software, team contracts and interpersonal skills.
You will learn how to:
- Skillfully develop product scope (requirements) and understand its importance as the foundation for a successful project
- Create a project charter, scope statement, schedule, and cost baseline
- Develop a Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and WBS dictionary; network diagrams; critical paths; and communication agreements
- Identify project risks, analyze their effects on the project and determine how to respond to them as part of the planning process
- Discover how current applications of earned value management concepts can be used to control schedule and cost against the project’s original baseline values
- Apply scheduling tools to manage and analyze project schedules
- Understand the importance of the critical path in the determination of the project’s completion
Important note: Students should complete Project Management Essentials, Project Management Essentials in Science and Technology, or Project Management Boot Camp before enrolling in this course. Individual exceptions can be made based on previous experience and knowledge. Please contact email@example.com request an exception.
Traditional in-person class meetings at one of our campus locations with access to our online learning portal, "Canvas." Classes typically meet one evening a week, so working professionals can attend without having to take time off from work. Schedules can vary, so be sure to check the schedule before enrolling. Click on the “Hybrid In-class” section below to view location, dates, and times.
Fully online instructor-led training using live virtual class meetings via Zoom or Virbela conferencing systems. Click on the “Live Online” section below to view details of the online meeting times and instructor information.
Fully online Instructor-led training on your schedule with no set meeting times. Lectures are pre-recorded and your instructor will set weekly discussion topics to help you engage with the content and share meaningful experiences. Click on the “Online” section below to view course details.
Note: Not all formats may be available every quarter.
This course will provide 27 education hours. To receive Professional Development Units (PDU’s), submit your UCSD transcript to the Project Management Institute (PMI).
Note: Students should complete Project Management Essentials, Project Management Essentials in Science and Technology, or Project Management Boot Camp before enrolling in this course.
For questions about this course, please contact ProjectManagement@ucsd.edu.
Course Number: BUSA-40715
Credit: 3.00 unit(s)
Related Certificate Programs: Project Management
+ Expand All
1/18/2022 - 3/15/2022
1/18/2022 - 3/19/2022