Take a deep dive into planning and scheduling principles. Acquire knowledge and techniques necessary to initiate, plan, estimate, and schedule your next project successfully.
You will learn how to:
- Skillfully develop product scope (requirements) and understand its importance as the foundation for a successful project
- Create a project charter, scope statement, schedule, and cost baseline
- Develop a Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and WBS dictionary; network diagrams; critical paths; and communication agreements
- Identify project risks, analyze their effects on the project and determine how to respond to them as part of the planning process
- Discover how current applications of earned value management concepts can be used to control schedule and cost against the project’s original baseline values
- Apply scheduling tools to manage and analyze project schedules
- Understand the importance of the critical path in the determination of the project’s completion
Work within project teams to experience the planning process while generating associated planning documents. Other topics include project software, team contracts and interpersonal skills.
This course will provide 27 education hours. To receive Professional Development Units (PDU’s), submit your UCSD transcript to the Project Management Institute (PMI).
Note: Students should complete Project Management Essentials or Project Management Boot Camp before enrolling in this course.
For questions about this course, please contact ProjectManagement@ucsd.edu or call 858-534-8136.
Course Number: BUSA-40715
Credit: 3.00 unit(s)
Related Certificate Programs: Project Management
+ Expand All
7/8/2019 - 9/7/2019
7/9/2019 - 9/3/2019