In response to COVID-19 health guidelines, we have restructured most of our in-person Junior Academy workshops as online courses. This in-person workshop has been canceled and will not be offered as an online course. Please see our available online courses to find other topics that may interest you. If you have registered for this course, you will receive a refund. Contact us at email@example.com if you have questions.
Code Apps with Raspberry Pi
Raspberry Pi is a credit card-sized computer board that plugs into a monitor and allows people anywhere to explore computing. Learn to use Python scripting to code a variety of fun apps with this powerful little device.
Students will get an introduction to the Raspberry Pi Model B motherboard and then will use the device with computer accessories to build real-world applications. Projects will include a dimmer switch, intruder alarm with camera, drum set and visual games. Students will learn the basics of Python scripting and will also learn about electronic components such as resistors, LEDs and rotary potentiometers. The class will give students a foundation to move on to more advanced app design studies.
What You Will Learn
Return to the Sally Ride Science Junior Academy website here.
- Learn basics of the Raspberry Pi Model B motherboard
- Get an introduction to basic circuit elements such as resistors, LEDs and rotary potentiometers
- Learn basic Python script writing
- Discover how to make simple real-world projects with Raspberry Pi
- Build apps including a dimmer switch, alarm and drum set
- Showcase class projects for students and parents
Course Number: WKSP-90106
Credit: 0.00 unit(s)