During this trying time brought on by COVID-19, UC San Diego Extension remains committed to helping you achieve your goals. All courses within this certificate program are offered entirely online. Online classes will have pre-recorded lectures each week and guided assignments from the instructor.
SAS: Programming for Statistical Analysis
SAS is a software suite used in the statistical analysis of data, data preparation, reporting, data mining and analytics. As the leader in business analytics software and services, SAS helps organizations access and transform large amounts of data into insights and knowledge that can be used in the discovery of new and exciting opportunities. SAS can be used to manage and retrieve data from a variety of sources and perform a myriad of statistical analyses on it.
Having applications in a variety of industries, SAS is used for operations research, project management, quality improvement, forecasting and decision-making. The language’s flexibility is what makes it suitable for a variety of vertical applications and programming.
Developed and taught by seasoned SAS practitioners with over 70 years of collective experience, this online SAS Programming certificate program includes over 120 hours of instruction. The mentor-lead, 9-week capstone allows you the opportunity to demonstrate your cumulative knowledge of SAS programming by authoring a technical paper to merit presentation at a national conference. Upon completion of this program, you will have gained thorough knowledge of the various aspects of SAS and how it can be applied to a variety of industries and professions.
- Program designed to be completed in only one year
- Complete all courses online in the convenience of your own home or office
- Learn to write a paper to merit a presentation at a national conference, such as the SAS Global Forum, SAS Regional Forums or similar conferences
- Hands-on comprehensive training designed to immerse you in the skills needed to successfully get started or advance your career
- Learning outcomes aligned with SAS Global’s Base and Advanced certifications
- Immediately applicable skills taught by leading industry practitioners
Key Program Topics
- Importing, exporting, manipulating, transforming, and combining data
- Create reports using SAS procedures
- Advanced DATA step programming techniques
- Using PROC SQL in SAS
- Creating and using SAS Macros
- Use ODS to create data visualizations and output in multiple formats
SAS Certification Exams
Taking SAS certification exams help you validate your skills and increase your value to an employer. You can choose SAS certifications across many subjects, including programming, data management, and analytics, to name a few. For more information on SAS certification, go here.
All students, teachers, professors or staff associated with an academic institution qualify for 50% discount on all SAS certification exams. Please contact email@example.com to receive the discount code that will reduce the exam fee by 50% during the registration process.
Resources for Learning SAS
SAS Certification Prep Guides
Visit SAS Communities. Visit the SAS online sites to share and connect with other SAS users and build your SAS skills. Don’t miss key communities including: SAS Certification, SAS Training, SAS Academy for Data Science, SAS Programming, New SAS User, SAS Analytics U and SAS Viya for Learners.
Program at a Glance
Number of Courses: 6 courses
Total Units: 15 units
Estimated Cost: $4,345 including the certificate fee, course fees and required textbooks.
Minimum Time to Complete: 1 year*
*Students have up to five years from the start of program to complete it, although it can be completed in 1 year.
There will be a $95 fee upon acceptance into the program