During this trying time brought on by COVID-19, UC San Diego Extension remains committed to helping you achieve your goals. All courses within this certificate program are offered entirely in an online asynchronous format. Online classes will have pre-recorded lectures each week and guided assignments from the instructor.
SAS: Programming for Statistical Analysis
SAS is a software suite used in the statistical analysis of data, data preparation, reporting, data mining and analytics. As the leader in business analytics software and services, SAS helps organizations access and transform large amounts of data into insights and knowledge that can be used in the discovery of new and exciting opportunities. SAS can be used to manage and retrieve data from a variety of sources and perform a myriad of statistical analyses on it.
Having applications in a variety of industries, SAS is used for operations research, project management, quality improvement, forecasting and decision-making. The language’s flexibility is what makes it suitable for a variety of vertical applications and programming.
Developed and taught by seasoned SAS practitioners with over 70 years of collective experience, this online SAS Programming certificate program includes over 120 hours of instruction. The mentor-led, 9-week capstone allows you the opportunity to demonstrate your cumulative knowledge of SAS programming by authoring a technical paper to merit presentation at a national conference. Upon completion of this program, you will have gained thorough knowledge of the various aspects of SAS and how it can be applied to a variety of industries and professions.
- Finish the program in as early as one year
- Complete all courses online in the convenience of your own home or office
- Receive comprehensive hands-on training designed to help you successfully get started or advance your career
- Acquire immediately applicable skills taught by leading industry practitioners
- Learn to write a paper to merit a presentation at a national conference, such as the SAS Global Forum, SAS Regional Forums or similar conferences
- Prepare for SAS Global’s Base and Advanced certifications
- Earn a SAS digital badge to display on various social media platforms, such as LinkedIn
Key Program Topics
- Importing, exporting, manipulating, transforming, and combining data
- Create reports using SAS procedures
- Advanced DATA step programming techniques
- Using PROC SQL in SAS
- Creating and using SAS Macros
- Use ODS to create data visualizations and output in multiple formats
SAS Digital Badge
UC San Diego Extension partners with the SAS Institute in issuing this digital badge to students who fulfill the requirements.
A digital badge gives you the ability to share your achievement online in a way that is simple, trusted and can be easily verified in real time by colleagues and/or employers. Badges provide employers and peers concrete evidence of your SAS skills.
Students who complete the SAS Programming Certificate program will fulfill requirements for a Tier 3 SAS Academic Specialization, which recognizes participants' ability to leverage SAS tools for data cleaning analysis, programming, and data visualization.
To learn more, contact the program manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SAS Global Certification Exams
The learning outcomes in UC San Diego Extension's SAS Programming Certificate align with SAS Global's Base and Advanced certifications.
Taking SAS certification exams help you validate your skills and increase your value to an employer. You can choose SAS certifications across many subjects, including programming, data management, and analytics, to name a few. For more information on SAS certification, go here.
All students, teachers, professors or staff associated with an academic institution qualify for 50% discount on all SAS certification exams. Please contact email@example.com to receive the discount code that will reduce the exam fee by 50% during the registration process.
Resources for Learning SAS
SAS Certification Prep Guides
Visit SAS Communities. Visit the SAS online sites to share and connect with other SAS users and build your SAS skills. Don’t miss key communities including: SAS Certification, SAS Training, SAS Academy for Data Science, SAS Programming, New SAS User, SAS Analytics U and SAS Viya for Learners.
Program at a Glance
*including the certificate fee, course fees, and required textbooks
*varies by student and courses taken per quarter
15 units total
What our students are saying
- "It is a great program with great lecturers, and I learned a lot."
- "Assisted in becoming a SAS certified programmer. Assisted in advancing in my profession."
- "Helped me launch my career in Data Science and gave me a good technical background."
- "There are so many wonderful doors that the SAS Certificate Program opened up for me.. I have just completed presenting my second paper at a SAS Users Conference (Western). The SAS Community is one which is very welcoming and kind and this was one of the best decisions I've made in my life."
There will be a $95 fee upon acceptance into the program