From Research to Results
LEARN SEO AND EMPOWER YOUR BUSINESS AND MARKETING STRATEGY.
UC San Diego Extension remains committed to helping you achieve your educational goals. In an effort to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, we have transitioned many of our courses to an online or live online format. Live Online classes are fully online with live virtual class meetings each week using our Zoom conferencing system. Online classes will have pre-recorded lectures each week and guided assignments from the instructor. We will resume in-person classes when it is deemed safe to do so.
An effective SEO strategy is critical for entrepreneurs, businesses, and organizations seeking to increase their online visibility, brand awareness, content consumption, and sales. The Specialized Certificate in Search Engine Optimization (SEO) provides thorough training in SEO strategy, keyword research, SEO tools, website metrics, and SEO best practices. Learn how to optimize a website’s architecture, conduct search-focused website audits, and increase your website ranking on search engines including Google, Bing, and Yahoo. You will explore a range of tools and valuable resources from practicing industry experts.
In-Class & Online
*Online options vary by quarter.
*Cost may vary due to elective course selection.
*Varies by student and courses taken per quarter.
What you will learn:
- How search engines work, what they are looking for, and what components lead to higher rankings.
- On-Page SEO skills: the importance of copywriting, content expansion, competitive analysis.
- Technical SEO skills: site audits, redirects and site migration, internal linking, and structured markup.
- Off-page and advanced SEO skills: how to optimize website architecture, content themes and diversity, backlink building, and local rankings.
- How to write SEO optimized copy and content focused on user intent.
- The tools and approaches used to measure and evaluate the effectiveness of SEO efforts.
- Hands-on experience resulting in a portfolio of project-based work that can be shared with a current or potential employer or client.
This program is designed for:
- Anyone interested in a rewarding career in the multidisciplinary field of digital marketing.
- Small business owners and entrepreneurs looking to increase website visibility and sales.
- Entrepreneurial marketers, web designers, and web developers interested in offering SEO services or providing improved performance.
- Entry-level Marketing professionals seeking new skills or advancement.
- Mid-level marketing professionals seeking to modernize their skill set or contribute to a successful SEO plan.
- High-level marketing professionals looking to strengthen their marketing strategy and organic search performance.
- Copywriters looking to include SEO best practices or advance their writing career.
In addition to our certificate, the elective: Google Analytics Certification Preparation covers the skills needed to successfully complete the Google Analytics Individual Qualification (GAIQ).
For more information: Contact Maurice Nelson at 858-246-5837 or MktgProgram@ucsd.edu.
There will be a $95 fee upon acceptance into the program