Software testing directly affects the quality of the final product and impacts all phases of software product development and life cycle. In addition to the important technical aspects of testing, it is also essential to have well-designed testing processes and overall test program management in place.
This course presents software testing processes, by introducing the concept of white and black box testing and how it fits with the Agile/scrum model. The relationship between software development testing and product life cycle support is established by covering unit, integration, system, and acceptance testing. Testing methods discussed include verification, validation, tools, and testing metrics. The curriculum also looks into the testing life cycle, writing test cases and test plans. We will delve into debugging techniques and best practices. Additionally, we will focus on the importance of automation for software testing and work with some test code to demonstrate the benefits of automation. We will look into newer concepts like Test Driven Development (TDD) and Behavior Driven Development (BDD). GIT software for software version control and GitHub for source code management will be introduced and their application discussed in the test environment on Amazon cloud.
- Understand software testing processes and their application.
- Relationship between software development testing and product life cycle.
- Writing test cases and plans.
- Testing methods such as verification, validation, tools, and testing metrics.
- Debugging techniques and best practices.
- Benefits of test automation.
- Introduction to TDD and BDD concepts as well as GIT and GitHub software.
- Learn the core concepts of software testing.
- Exposure to debugging and automation as it is related to software testing.
- Hands-on experience in creating a test plan and applying the core concepts.
- Understanding industry trends in testing.
- Instructors are experts in the industry.
Software (optional): Firefox web browser; Gecko driver; Eclipse IDE; Selenium for python.
Course typically offered: In-class - please see Special Notes or the program Course Matrix for upcoming sessions.
Prerequisites: Some knowledge of computer programming is helpful but not mandatory for this course.
Next steps: Upon completion of this class, consider enrolling in other required coursework in the Software Quality Assurance Certificate Program.
More information: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about Software QA and course offerings.
Course Number: CSE-41266
Credit: 3.00 unit(s)
Related Certificate Programs: Software Quality Assurance