Specialize in the field of Teaching English as a Foreign Language and earn a 150-hour TEFL certificate of completion to teach English anywhere in the world or in the U.S. Our program allows you to tailor and design your own schedule of courses based on your career interests. This flexibility provides students with the opportunity to focus on skills such as pronunciation, speaking, listening, writing, reading, grammar and more.
The TEFL market has become more specialized and students are looking for unique and competitive advantages. This program gives you the tools, experience, and skills to fulfill a niche market in ESL and make yourself more employable in a diverse work environment.
Learn more about the Special Studies in TEFL program at our free information session.
Can't make it to our in-person information session? Please try our 10-minute online information session!
The 15-unit program can be completed full-time in 3 months. Most students complete the program in 1-2 years.
Choose any 15 units from the course list below that interest you. This program allows you to completely customize your learning experience!
How much does the program cost?
Course tuition is paid as you enroll in each course. No upfront fees must be paid in advance. The Program Fee can be paid at any time and is not required to begin enrolling in classes.
Please click here for a Fall 2019 TEFL Course Catalog.
- A strong command of English is a prerequisite for this program. (iBT TOEFL: 69, TOEIC: 690)
- Students must complete 15 units from TEFL course offerings.
- Students must pass all courses with a letter grade of C or above in order to receive an award of completion.
- $100 program fee.
- Course availability cannot be guaranteed and is dependent upon enrollment numbers each quarter.
- Upon successfully passing all requirements, students will receive an award of completion.