Strobe Workshop: Lighting with Speed Lights
4 Weeks | $295 | In-Class
Learn how to light your photographs without the use of heavy or expensive gear. This intensive workshop teaches the art of strobe lighting using off-camera flashes and other equipment such as flash triggers, gels, grids, softboxes and more. Through demonstrations, in-class assignments and independent projects, students will learn to maximize their options shooting with a core set of gear including a camera with manual controls, inexpensive speed lights and basic light modifiers.
Quarters Offered: Winter | In-Class
Course Fee: $295
Prerequisite: Photo I: Aperture, Shutter Speed, and ISO (ART-40629) or equivalent experience.
Materials: No equipment is needed for our first meeting, and we will cover equipment choices that day if you need help deciding exactly what you should get. Equipment IS mandatory for day 2 so you will have 7 days to acquire anything you need for day 2. See below for required materials.
Note: Elective for Photography: Images and Techniques professional certificate.
Contact: For more information about this course, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equipment required for this course:
- Camera (lens, batteries) with manual controls for ISO, shutter speed, aperture
- 1 off camera flash with manual power controls (e.g. Canon ex530, Nikon SB800, Vivitar 285hv, Godox AD200, Profoto B10)
- 1 umbrella (convertible preferred) or softbox
- 1 light stand and cold shoe umbrella bracket
- 1 flash trigger (e.g. Radio Popper, PocketWizard, PC Cable, proprietary control for Godox/Profoto systems, etc.)
Course Number: ART-40511
Credit: 2.00 unit(s)
Related Certificate Programs: Photography: Images and Techniques
+ Expand All
2/26/2022 - 3/19/2022