Intended for managers, engineers, and technical specialists
who desire a broader understanding of the systems engineering process and its management applications. Students will examine typical system life cycles and acquisition processes, engineering management planning, tools for technical program planning and control, and activities within the systems engineering process.
- Systems engineering defined
- System life cycle and acquisition processes
- Engineering management planning
- Technical program planning and control
- Engineering decision and control process
- Risk and margin management
- Interface, configuration and data management
- System and performance requirements
- Functional analysis
- System architecting
- Systems integration
- Logistics support analysis
- Specialty engineering integration
- Applying systems engineering principles
Course Learning Outcomes:
- Cultivate a broader understanding of systems engineering process and technical program planning and control
- Identify impacts of integrated product development and total quality management of systems engineering
- Develop a greater cross-functional awareness, understanding and appreciation of other departments contributions to any project
- Acquire skills and tools that will increase effectiveness in environments where multi-disciplined teams are developing the requirements, design, and production processes for new systems and products
Course Typically Offered: Online in Fall and Spring quarters.
Next Step: After completing this course, consider taking other courses in the Systems Engineering certificate program to continue learning.
Contact: For more information about this course please email email@example.com.
Course Number: BUSA-40066
Credit: 3.00 unit(s)
Related Certificate Programs: Systems Engineering
+ Expand All
4/5/2021 - 6/5/2021