Discover model-driven systems engineering using the UML Profile
for Systems Engineering (OMG SysML™). Systems engineering principles will be applied to developing a comprehensive model of a solution to a class problem using modern systems engineering development tools and a development methodology tailored to OMG SysML™. Begin with the presentation of a desired capability and continue through the performance of activities and the creation of work products to support requirements definition, architecture description, and system design. Learn to transition to specialty engineering, with an emphasis on interfacing with software engineering activities.
- Practical definition of Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE)
- Description and application of basic systems engineering concepts expressed in OMG SysML™:
- System structure
- Systems behavior
- Leveraging object oriented concepts of type (definition) and property (usage) in a systems engineering sense, thus facilitating design re-use, libraries, and patterns
- Practical applications of these concepts and their interrelationships and integrated system model
- Professional review and feedback of practical modeling exercises
Course Learning Outcomes:
- Understand the motivation and benefits of Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE)
- Ability to clearly express basic Systems Engineering concepts in OMG SysML™
- Capable of selecting, installing, and operating an MBSE tool
- Explain the practical advantages of a Model-Based design repository
- Build a system model in OMG SysML™ tool
- Experience bounding system context, concept and requirements with a system modeling tool
- Developing practical behavioral and structural system models
- Characterize system performance with parametric models
Software: Students will produce a comprehensive model using OMG SysML™. Tools may include: MagicDraw with SysML™ plug-in, Artisan Studio, Sparx Enterprise Architect with SysML™ plug-in, Rhapsody with SysML™ plug-in.
Course Typically Offered: Online in Winter and Summer quarters.
Next Step: After completing this course, consider taking other courses in the Systems Engineering certificate program to continue learning.
Contact: For more information about this course, please email email@example.com.
Course Number: CSE-40981
Credit: 3.00 unit(s)
Related Certificate Programs: Systems Engineering
+ Expand All
1/12/2021 - 3/13/2021