UC San Diego Extension remains committed to helping you achieve your educational goals. In an effort to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, we have transitioned many of our courses to an online or live online format. Live Online classes are fully online with live virtual class meetings each week using our Zoom conferencing system. Online classes will have pre-recorded lectures each week and guided assignments from the instructor. We will resume in-person classes when it is deemed safe to do so.
Earn your Professional Certificate in Translation (Spanish/English) to Help Advance your Career
Set yourself apart from the competition—and certify to potential employers that you possess the bilingual proficiency, cultural understanding, theoretical knowledge, and skillset they are looking for—when you earn your professional certificate in Translation (Spanish/English). Upon completion of this program, you could go on to own and operate your own translation businesses, freelance, work for private companies, or work within the public sector. Total fluency in both English and Spanish, including the ability to speak, read, and write at a second-year university level is required. Fluency is determined by a written online entrance exam. Select courses may be taken prior to passing the entrance exam.
In-class options not available.
Cost does not include textbooks or additional electives.
15 - 21 months
Varies by student and courses taken per quarter.
What You Will Learn:
- Bilingual proficiency in Spanish-to-English and English-to-Spanish translation.
- Cultural understandings needed to be a successful translator.
- Gain a firm understanding of the theory and practice of translation services.
- Tools and technology of translation to help you advance your skillset.
- Take optional courses and electives in areas such as Legal or Medical Translation, or choose from Business Translation and Strategic Marketing and Branding for Translators and Interpreters.
This Program Is Designed For:
- Bilingual language speakers who desire to have a Professional Translation Certification.
- For those who would like to become certified translators.
- Professionals seeking career advancement in the translation field.
- Medical, legal or business professionals seeking to enrich their ability to communicate with non-Native speakers.
For detailed information, please enroll in the online on-demand Translation Program (Spanish/English) Information Session. Questions about our classes or certificates? Contact our department at 858-534-5760 or email@example.com.
There will be a $95 fee upon acceptance into the program