Learn what it takes to innovate in healthcare
What is translational science?
Translational science, sometimes called translational research, translational medicine, or bench to bedside, is “the process of turning observations in the laboratory, clinic, and community into interventions that improve the health of individuals and populations—from diagnostics and therapeutics to medical procedures and behavioral interventions.”
- National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences, NIH
Gain a real-life, integrative, and comprehensive understanding of translational science applied to the discovery / design and development of biomedical products—encompassing everything from drugs and cell & gene therapy to medical technologies, including diagnostics, devices, wearables, and digital health!
Ideal for individuals with the motivation and potential to become leaders, innovators, or entrepreneurs:
- Biomedical and healthcare professionals
- Graduate students and post-doctoral researchers in a scientific, engineering, or business fields.
- Hands-on learning approach taught by a faculty of experienced biomedical industry leaders and academic subject matter experts.
Entrepreneurial R&D professionals are in high demand in the vibrant life science ecosystem!
Our multidisciplinary faculty team constantly co-develops and updates course content, providing expertise on emerging knowledge and practices in their respective fields, thus ensuring that the Certificate program remains up to date in the rapidly evolving discipline that is translational science
Maximal flexibility for the working professional:
- Classes on weekday evenings 6 to 8 pm
- Once a week, one course per quarter
- Four courses total, each offered twice a year
- Flexibility to complete the certificate within 1 to 5 years
- No need to commit to the whole certificate at once, only one course at a time
Multiple Areas of Interest:
- Precision Medicine
- Translational Imaging
- Intellectual Property
- Cell & Gene Therapy
- Medical Devices
- Digital Health
- Regenerative Medicine
Multiple Organizations Involved:
- Altman Clinical and Translational Research Institute
- Moores Cancer Center
- Sanford Consortium for Regenerative Medicine
In Demand Entrepreneurial R&D professionals:
Learn about the evaluation of the science behind a biomedical product idea and its potential for translatability to humans, and whether real-world conditions are favorable for going into proof of concept in patients.
- Senior Scientist
- Principal Scientist
- Senior Clinical Scientist
- Principal Clinical Scientist
- Associate Director, Translational Science/ Translational Medicine
- Director, Translational Science/ Translational Medicine
- Associate Medical Director
- Medical Director
Scholarship opportunity aimed at passionate individuals
- Graduate students and post-doctoral researchers without a fellowship to support the certificate course fees
- Biomedical and healthcare professionals from companies not offering educational programs.
Visit our Certificate FAQs or contact us directly:
Robert Houghtaling, Program Manager:
Call 858-534-4041 or Email at firstname.lastname@example.org
There will be a $95 fee upon acceptance into the program