Web Design I: Principles & Techniques
9 Weeks | $595 | Online and In-class
Become familiar with the principles and techniques for creating websites for desktop, tablet, and mobile devices in Web Design I. Learn the steps of the online design process: define goals, identifying the message(s) and target audience, gathering user data, creating responsive visual design and coding. The course will cover the use of Adobe Photoshop for creating web designs and saving individual images that are web-optimized. You will also receive a brief introduction to user experience (UX) principles as an integral part of the web design process.
What You Will Learn:
- How to work through the steps of the online design process from start to finish: define goals, identify target users and benefits, perform contextual analysis, identify constraints, create prototypes, perform usability tests, and produce and refine design options.
- Become acquainted with the industry standard software used to prototype, design, and develop websites and web applications.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of web design and web coding.
- Proper file formats and file settings when creating web graphics.
- Demonstrate an understanding of basic HTML and CSS.
- How to create web interfaces using design principles, colors, fonts.
- A good understanding of web design tools in Adobe Photoshop; as well as coding and web creation tools in Adobe Dreamweaver.
Quarters Offered: Winter, Summer | Online & In-class
Course Fee: $595
Prerequisite: Intermediate knowledge of Photoshop including web interface design, wireframe design and saving images for web. Completing Adobe Photoshop I will fulfill this requirement. In addition, students must have a basic understanding of HTML and CSS.
Materials/Software/Hardware: Adobe Creative Cloud and LinkedIn Learning are required materials. LinkedIn Learning will be used as a reference guide.
Note: Elective course for the Communication Design professional certificate.
Contact: For more information about this course, please email the academic department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Course Number: ART-40677
Credit: 3.00 unit(s)
Related Certificate Programs: Communication Design
+ Expand All
1/12/2021 - 3/13/2021