Web Design I: Principles & Techniques
9 Weeks | $595 | Online and In-class
Expand your knowledge of web design, user experience (UX) and programming logic and coding with Adobe Dreamweaver. In this introductory, project-based web design course, you become familiar with the principles and techniques for creating websites for desktop, tablet, and mobile devices. The basic tools and skills required by a web designer will be presented through a series of web-based sessions, with each session building upon knowledge and principles communicated in previous sessions. Learn the steps of the online design process: define goals, identifying the message(s) and target audience, gathering user data, creating responsive visual design and coding. The course will cover the use of Adobe Photoshop for creating web designs and saving individual images that are web-optimized. You will also receive a brief introduction to user experience (UX) principles as an integral part of the web design process. Course content will be presented in a logical, engaging manner with focus on practical application.
What You Will Learn:
- The principles and techniques for designing and producing websites, web applications, and interactive media.
- The steps of the online design process from start to finish: define goals, identify target users and benefits, perform contextual analysis, identify constraints, create prototypes, perform usability tests, and produce and refine design options.
- Industry standard software used to prototype, design, and develop websites and web applications.
- Adobe Photoshop for creating web designs and saving individual images that are web-optimized.
- Programming logic and coding principles using Adobe Dreamweaver.
- A brief introduction to user experience (UX) principles as an integral part of the web design process.
Quarters Offered: Winter, Summer | Online & In-class
Course Fee: $595
Prerequisite: Adobe Photoshop I or equivalent experience.
Materials/Software/Hardware: Adobe Creative Cloud and LinkedIn Learning are required materials. LinkedIn Learning will be used as a reference guide.
Note: Fulfills 3 elective units towards requirements for the Specialized Certificate in Communication Design.
Contact: For more information about this course, please email the academic department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Course Number: ART-40677
Credit: 3.00 unit(s)
Related Certificate Programs: Communication Design
+ Expand All
7/7/2020 - 9/5/2020