Writing Effective CEQA Documents
Effective writing is one of the most highly cited and desirable skills in CEQA practice. Learn how to prepare technically compliant, legally defensible, and high quality environmental documents including Environmental Impact Reports (EIRs), Environmental Assessments (EAs), Initial Studies, Mitigated Negative Declarations (MNDs), and required CEQA findings. Strengthen writing skills needed for professional practice, including skills to enhance document effectiveness, clarity, and accuracy. This advanced course is designed to give students the practical training needed to produce high quality, legally defensible environmental documents.
- Understand application of different types of environmental documents and legal risk
- Write a defensible Project Description
- Establish appropriate Environmental Baselines
- Learn how to respond to comments on Draft EIRs
- Understand how case law continuously shapes CEQA practice
AICP members can earn Certification Maintenance (CM) credits for this activity. For a list of additional AICP CM Events at UC San Diego Extension go to American Planning Association.
CM | 18 |
Course Number: ENVR-40008
Credit: 2.00 unit(s)
Related Certificate Programs: CEQA Practice
+ Expand All
4/11/2022 - 5/28/2022