Who should take this course?
Students and professionals who want to improve English fluency through business content studies will benefit from the Business English program. Students with high-intermediate and advanced English proficiency are welcome to take this program. A student’s English proficiency is determined during orientation, when the student first arrives at the UC San Diego English Language Institute (ELI). Students who do not obtain the required English level proficiency for this program will take Conversation and Fluency (beginner, low-intermediate, and intermediate levels).
2017 Dates (click here for complete list of program dates):
- July 3 – 28
- July 31 – August 25
- 25 hours per week
- Schedule varies depending on level and courses chosen
Be prepared to work in teams while improving presentation skills, negotiating, meeting skills, business vocabulary, and business writing while surveying topics such as:
- American Business
- International Trade
- Human Resources
This program includes expert guest speakers and visits to local businesses. Guest speaker dates and company visits vary according to availability.
Cost (in U.S. dollars):
- Application Fee: $150 (nonrefundable)
- FedEx fee: $50 (optional, but recommended)
- 2017 Tuition: $2,200
- International Student Service Fee: $140
- UC San Diego Extension medical insurance: $180
- Books/Materials: Approximately $150-175 (Payment CANNOT be made in advance. Books and materials must be purchased upon arrival at UC San Diego.)