University and Professional Studies
Who should take this program?
With the online University and Professional Studies (UPS) program you may take 1, 2, or 3 UC San Diego main campus or UC San Diego Extension courses virtually. Study with American students or professionals at the Bachelor’s or Master’s level, across nearly all departments at UC San Diego.
This program is entirely online.
- Designed for international university students or working professionals who would like to take courses remotelly
- Study alongside matriculated UC San Diego students and U.S. professionals
- Choose 1, 2, or 3 courses depending on your schedule
Specific dates depend on the course selection.
- September - December
- January - March
- March - June
The minimum requirements to be accepted in the program are listed below. We carefully review the background and qualifications of each applicant to ensure that those admitted will have a successful experience.
Language Proficiency Requirement:
- CEFR: Level C1
- TOEFL iBT: 90
- IELTS: 7.5
- CAE: Pass
- PTE: 73
- Duolingo: 125
- DAAD: Listening Comprehension—5 stars (5/5), Spoken Language—5 stars (5/5), Reading—4 stars (4/5), Writing—5 stars (5/5)
Additional Admission Requirements:
- Copy of passport name page
- A copy of transcripts in English for the two most recent years of academic studies.
- A one-page statement explaining your reasons for choosing UC San Diego for your study abroad experience.
- Online UPS Courses List form of UC San Diego or UC San Diego Extension courses per quarter, organized by quarter.
Fill out the Online UPS Application Form and send it to our admissions team at email@example.com.
Cost (in U.S. dollars)
- Application Fee: $125 (nonrefundable)
- 1 course (up to 4 units): $2,600
- 2 courses (up to 8 units): $5,200
- 3 courses (up to 12 units): $7,800
- International Student Service Fee: $260 per quarter
- Books/Materials: Approximately $50 - $150 per class (Books and materials may be purchased once the course and syllabus is posted officially online through our CANVAS system.)