Intensive IELTS Preparation
This program will offer in-person classes in Summer 2021, with a hybrid model of instruction.
Who should take this course?
Students and professionals who would like to focus on preparing for the IELTS exam will benefit from the Intensive IELTS Preparation program.
Students with high-intermediate to advanced levels of English proficiency (levels 4 - 8) are welcome to apply to this course. All new students must take an online placement test to determine their English level before starting the Intensive IELTS Preparation. The placement test is part of the required online pre-arrival orientation. Students who do not obtain the required English level for this program will be transferred to the Intensive Academic English, Communication and Culture, or Intensive Communication and Culture program.
- May 24 - July 23 (May 31 and July 5 are a holidays)
- August 2 - October 1 - CLOSED
- October 11 - December 10 - CLOSED
View a complete list of all program dates.
- Monday – Friday
- Classes are held between 8:30 – 4:30 PM
- 9 weeks – 25 hours per week (first week is in-person orientation & registration)
- Schedule varies depending on level and classes chosen
- IELTS Reading Preparation
- IELTS Vocabulary Preparation
- IELTS Writing Preparation
Note: This program can only be taken two times in levels 4 - 8.
Cost (in U.S. dollars)
- Application Fee: $150 (nonrefundable)
- Tuition: $3,500
- International Student Service Fee: $380
- UC San Diego Extension medical insurance: $450
- Books/Materials: Approximately $250 – $400 (Payment CANNOT be made in advance. Books and materials must be purchased upon arrival at UC San Diego.)