Intensive IELTS Preparation
This program will offer in-person classes in Winter 2021, with a hybrid model of instruction.
Who should take this course?
Students and professionals who would like to focus on preparing for the IELTS exam will benefit from the Intensive IELTS Preparation program. High-intermediate to advanced levels of English proficiency (levels 4 - 8) are welcome to take this course. A student’s English proficiency is determined during the first week of the program (week 0). Students who do not obtain the required English level proficiency for this program will be transferred to the Intensive Academic English, Communication and Culture, or Intensive Communication and Culture program.
- January 4 - March 5
- March 15 - May 14 (March 26 is a holiday)
- May 24 - July 23 (May 31 and July 5 are a holidays)
- August 2 - October 1
- October 11 - December 10
View a complete list of all program dates.
- Monday – Friday
- Classes are held between 8:30 – 4:30 PM
- 9 weeks – 25 hours per week (first week is testing, orientation & registration)
- Schedule varies depending on level and classes chosen
- IELTS Reading Preparation
- IELTS Vocabulary Preparation
- IELTS Writing Preparation
Note: This program can only be taken two times in levels 4 - 8.
Cost (in U.S. dollars)
- Application Fee: $150 (nonrefundable)
- Tuition: $3,500
- International Student Service Fee: $380
- UC San Diego Extension medical insurance: $450
- Books/Materials: Approximately $250 – $400 (Payment CANNOT be made in advance. Books and materials must be purchased upon arrival at UC San Diego.)