Who should take this program?
With the online Business Certificate you will refine the most important business skills to improve your business practice. Develop effective business skills to advance your career and adapt to the ever-changing business world. Our instructors are industry professionals and experts in their fields. They provide information on the latest trends and give you the cutting-edge tools to help you land the career of your dreams or improve your current business. With the online Business Certificate at UC San Diego, you receive top-quality education from a world-class university in the comfort of your home, at your own schedule.
This program is entirely online.
- Designed for working professionals who would like a solid foundation of business skills
- Successfully complete the Business Certificate and automatically qualify for entry into the second quarter of the in-person Business Management Certificate, which will provide you with further career opportunities, such as an internship with a San Diego company and good chances to network with U.S. and international peers.
- Study around your own busy schedule
- Purchase the full certificate or enroll in courses individually
- Take up to one year to complete the certificate
- Business Communication Skills (3 units)
- Elements of Marketing (3 units)
- Financial Accounting for Non-Accountants (4 units)
- Organizational Behavior (3 units)
Dates and Price
Tuition for Entire Program
Price for One Course
January 5 - March 19
March 24 - June 11
June 17 - September 3
September 16 - December 10
$3,200 (4 courses)
The minimum requirements to be accepted in the program are listed below. We carefully review the background and qualifications of each applicant to ensure that those admitted will have a successful experience.
Language Proficiency Requirement
- TOEFL iBT: 75
- TOEIC: 735
- IELTS: 6.0
- Cambridge First Certificate (FCE): Pass
- PTE: 50
- Duolingo English Test: 90
Additional Admission Requirements
- Résumé or curriculum vitae (CV)
- A one-page statement explaining your qualifications and motivation for taking the program
- Your official university transcripts in English indicating a strong academic history; include a grading key.
- Completion of a university degree and one year of professional experience.
- No degree required if yoy have four years of full-time work experience. Internships are acceptable.
Fill out the Business Certificate Application Form and send it to our admissions team at firstname.lastname@example.org.