America’s Finest City
San Diego is known as “America’s Finest City,” a reputation it has earned from its beautiful weather, clean streets, sunny beaches, and cultural activities. Three San Diego beaches, including La Jolla Shores, were named among the best 25 in the U.S. by TripAdvisor in 2016. At 1,200 acres, San Diego's Balboa Park is also the nation's largest urban cultural park and home to 19 museums, botanical gardens, cultural venues, and the San Diego Zoo. Because of its wonderful climate and lifestyle, San Diego is a center for surfing, sailing, golf, hiking, and almost any other sport that you can think of.
San Diego is the 8th largest city in the U.S. and an important intellectual hub, yet it also retains a relaxed atmosphere. Ranked the second most inventive city in the world by Forbes magazine and first in the nation in the number of patents (with 3.6 patents for every 1,000 workers), the city is full of entrepreneurialism -- it is a center for hi-tech business: electronics, telecommunications, and biotechnology.
San Diego Attractions
Its year-round mild climate, beautiful beaches, and proximity to many other California attractions make San Diego the ideal location for a variety of leisure activities, such as:
- Exploring beaches, deserts, and mountains
- Hiking and biking
- Tennis, golf, soccer, beach volleyball, and any outdoor sport
- Swimming, surfing, kayaking, and sailing
- Paragliding and hang-gliding
- Visiting museums, like the USS Midway Museum, the Reuben H. Fleet Science Center, or the San Diego Museum of Art
- Enjoying theatrical performances
- Experiencing symphonic and other musical performances
- Shopping at malls and boutiques all over the city
- Eating out at excellent restaurants
- Participating in cultural events, like the San Diego County Fair, Comic-Con, or December Nights
- Visiting the world-famous San Diego Zoo, San Diego Wild Animal Park, the Birch Aquarium at Scripps, or Sea World
- Winter and Spring gray whale watching
- Running the Rock n' Roll Marathon or many other fun races
For more information on San Diego, visit:
San Diego enjoys beautiful weather year round with an average daily temperature of 21.4°C (70.5°F).