This course is designed for individuals interested in teaching the 10- and 30-hour Maritime safety and health Outreach Training Program to their employees and other interested groups. Special emphasis is placed on those topics required in the 10- and 30-hour Outreach Training Program as well as the most hazardous in the maritime industry using OSHA Maritime Standards as a guide. Students are briefed on effective instructional approaches and use of visual aids and handouts. This course allows the student to become a trainer in the Outreach Training Program, to conduct 10- and 30-hour maritime classes in shipyard employment, marine terminals, and longshoring, and to issue cards to participants after verifying course completion. Students in OSHA #5400 Trainer Course in OSHA Standards for the Maritime Industry who wish to participate as authorized Outreach Trainer Program trainers in the OSHA Outreach Training Program must successfully prepare a presentation on an assigned OSHA maritime industry Outreach Training Program topic individually or as part of a group and successfully pass a written exam at the end of the course.
IMPORTANT - ONLINE ENROLLMENT IS NOT PERMITTED.
Required prerequisites (to be confirmed on the completed Verification of Prerequisite Form):
Prior to enrollment, students must provide the following:
- OSHA 5410 course completion
- Five (5) years of maritime safety experience
- A degree in occupational safety and health from an accredited college or university, certification a Certified Safety Professional (CSP), a Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH), or a Certified Marine Chemist (CMC) may be substituted for two (2) years of work related experience.
- Verification of Prerequisite Form
- OSHA 5410 course completion documentation
Authorized OSHA Maritime Industry Outreach Training Program trainers are required to attend OSHA #5402 Maritime Industry Trainer Update Course
at least once every four (4) years to maintain their trainer status.
Course Number: FPM-40484
Other Credit: ABIH Credit: 4.34 CM Points; CEUs: 3.2; BCSP Credit: 3.2 COCs
+ Expand All
11/2/2020 - 11/5/2020
11/16/2020 - 11/19/2020