This course prepares experienced Outreach Training Program trainers to present 7.5- and 15-hour Disaster Site Worker Outreach training classes intended for second responders (those arriving hours or days after the event). Course topics include the National Response Framework, the Incident Command System, disaster work zone safety, respiratory protection, communication issues, applying elements of successful adult training programs, and knowledge, skills, and attitudes to awareness training about safety and health standards at natural and human-made disaster sites.
Students are provided the opportunity to practice knowledge and skills through discussion, planned exercises, demonstrations, and presentations. Students who wish to participate as authorized Disaster Site Worker trainers must prepare a presentation on an assigned disaster site worker topic individually or as part of a group. Successful completion of this course authorizes students to become trainers in the Disaster Site Worker Outreach Training Program and to issue DOL course completion cards to participants.
Required prerequisites (to be confirmed on the completed Verification of Prerequisite Form):
- OSHA 500 – Trainer Course in OSHA Standards for General Industry or OSHA 501 – Trainer Course in OSHA Standards for the Construction Industry
- Three years safety training experience -AND-
- One of the following:
- 40-hour HAZWOPER training (within the last five years)
- 8-hour HAZWOPER refresher training (within the last 12 months), or
- Possession of journey-level credentials in a building trade union
Outreach Training Program trainers are required to attend OSHA 5602 – Update for Disaster Site Worker Trainer
course at least every four (4) years to maintain their Outreach Training Program trainer authorization.
Prior to enrollment, students must provide the following:
- Verification of Prerequisite Form
- A copy of their Outreach Training Program trainer card for construction or general industry or an official transcript from their respective OSHA Training Institute Education Center showing successful completion of the OSHA 500 or OSHA 501 course.
- A copy of their HAZWOPER course completion certificate or journey-level credentials are required prior to the start of class to verify trainer status.
Course Number: FPM-40392
Other Credit: CEUs: 3.2
ABIH Credit: 4.01 CM Points
BCSP Credit: 3.2 COCs
+ Expand All
11/1/2021 - 11/4/2021