The San Diego Workforce Partnership Income Share Agreement (ISA) is a new and innovative way to finance education. UC San Diego Extension proudly serves as the educational partner, deepening our commitment to serving critical lifelong learning and skill development, particularly to underrepresented individuals in the tech community.
What is an Income Share Agreement (ISA)?
An Income Share Agreement with San Diego Workforce Partnership (SDWP) is an alternative way to pay for education, where there are no upfront costs, but an agreement to pay a small proportion of income for a set period of time, after the student has landed a job with a preset salary level. An ISA offers access to education without having to worry about student loans, interest rates and decades of repayments. The fund fronts the cost of a student’s education, which the student pays back in payments based on a percentage of income over a set period of time.
How is the San Diego Workforce Partnership ISA different?
This “pay-it forward” ISA model for certificate-based programs is grounded in philanthropic funding and not only is there a strict cap on how much students repay, each dollar repaid replenishes the fund for future students.
As well as receiving instruction from industry professionals at UC San Diego Extension, participants will also have access to the following services provided by the San Diego Workforce Partnership:
- A mentor currently employed in the field relevant to your coursework and career path
- A career consultant who will walk with you every step of the way
- Exclusive networking events sponsored by San Diego’s technology community
- Career readiness training, resume assistance and interview preparation support
- Internship and job placement services
- A network of support for technology, transportation, child care and other services to empower you to be successful inside the classroom and on the job
It’s not a loan. It costs you nothing up front. And only if you land a job making above $40,000 after you earn your certificate, you will “pay it forward” to the next group of San Diegans pursuing their career goals.
Visit the website of the ISA fund manager, San Diego Workforce Partnership, for more information.
Ready to get started?
Submit your application today.
Need more information?
View terms and protections, FAQs and how to become a mentor.
A proud partnership with: