This class will prepare you to launch your own editing business or grow an existing business. It will acquaint you with the tools you need for such a business, and give you a solid grounding in using resources and networking through copyediting organizations.
By the end of this course, students will have:
- A plan to launch and maintain an editing business.
- A plan for finding and approaching clients in a preferred niche or subject area.
- Working knowledge of financial and legal issues such as business structures, income taxes, expenses, recordkeeping, and business liability insurance.
- Working knowledge of editorial rates, contracts, invoicing, and work logs.
- A set of resources and tools to help in their editing business.
Starting Spring 2020 classes will be offered Fall, Winter, Spring, Summer | Online
Non-certificate students may take this class. There are assignments and reading with weekly due dates. Please purchase the textbook before class begins.
For more information about this course, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Course Number: WCWP-40333
Credit: 2.00 unit(s)