During this trying time brought on by COVID-19, UC San Diego Extension remains committed to helping you achieve your goals. All courses within this certificate program are offered entirely online. Online classes will have pre-recorded lectures each week and guided assignments from the instructor.
The ADMET processes – Absorption, Distribution, Metabolism, Excretion, and Toxicology – form one of the foundations of all modern drug discovery and development. It has been reported that 50% of drug failures in development and clinical trials are due to poor ADMET properties. In order to minimize these costly failures, drug discovery and development has shifted to examining and optimizing these properties as early as possible. Virtually every organization that develops pharmaceutical solutions to health or agricultural concerns require scientific and regulatory professionals who possess a complete understanding of the elements of ADMET.
The specialized certificate in ADMET Processes trains scientific professionals how to incorporate ADMET concepts into their research and development projects by teaching practical application of AMET principles and present case studies that provide successful solutions to the R&D challenge
*not including textbooks
*Varies by student and courses taken per quarter.
- All courses can be taken online
- Practical hands-on training
- Taught by leading industry practitioners
- Immediately applicable skills
Key Program Topics
- Study design concepts for the determination of pharmacokinetic parameters
- Predict human pharmacokinetics using animal pharmacokinetics and in vitro data.
- Strengths and risks associated with a molecule based on its pharmacokinetic profile
- Enzymes and mechanisms of drug metabolism
- Use in vitro assays to predict drug-drug interactions
- Principles of toxicology in drug discovery and clinical testing
- The role of drug metabolites in drug discovery
There will be a $95 fee upon acceptance into the program