Relax and Explore Art Through the Ages
Feeling the effects of too much schoolwork or screen time? Join us to relax and unwind by exploring the history of art and creating your own art projects using a variety of materials.
We will take a look at the roles that art has played throughout history. We will also discuss the purposes of art in the modern world, including relaxation, personal expression and communication. Then students will learn techniques and develop skills needed for various art projects. They will take on independent projects using paper and mixed media. The class will allow students to develop fine tactile skills and to discover leisure activities that can help them reduce stress for years to come.
What You Will Learn
Explore the history and purposes of art and then create your own art projects using a variety of materials.
Return to the Sally Ride Science Junior Academy website here.
- Examine art throughout history.
- Discuss the goals and purposes of art.
- Investigate various categories of art.
- Create an art project using paper.
- Create an art project using mixed media.
- Identify your favorite art materials and techniques.
- Locate sources to assist you as you build your art skills.
Note: In response to COVID-19 health guidelines, we have restructured our in-person Junior Academy workshops as online courses. Contact us at email@example.com if you have questions.
Course Number: ART-90065
Credit: 1.50 unit(s)
+ Expand All
7/26/2021 - 7/30/2021