This is an online course where students will learn ICD-10-PCS coding. Class participant use the ICD-10-PCS code book, coding guidelines and coding conventions to apply health care documentation policies and procedures that ensure the highest quality of healthcare delivery through procedure code assignment.
By the end of this course, the student will be able to:
- Identify the purposes and uses of coding and classification systems
- Identify the basic characteristics, conventions and guidelines of the ICD-10 classification
- Identify and correctly assign ICD-10 codes to procedures and conditions
- Identify coding structures and guidelines
- Apply appropriate codes to procedure coding scenarios
- Accurately construct and assign procedure codes by using the Alphabetic Index of Procedures and the Tabular List of Procedures.
Other Credits: 4 units, BRN: 40 hours of relicensure credit
Course Number: MEDC-40019
Credit: 4.00 unit(s)
Related Certificate Programs: Medical Coding