This is an online course where students will learn about legal and ethical issues in Coding, HIPAA, and Health Information privacy. Class participants will use the text HIPAA by Example, Case Studies, and Regulatory websites to prepare for this course which will prepare them for medical coding certification.
Upon completion of the course, students will be able to:
1. Explain the legislative and regulatory processes in the United States.
2. Describe the laws and regulations pertaining to health information.
3. Define Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
4. Adhere to privacy and security policies.
5. Identify the components of the Code of Ethics and Standards of Ethical Coding.
Other Credits: 2 units, BRN: 20 hours of relicensure credit
Course Number: MEDC-40022
Credit: 2.00 unit(s)
Related Certificate Programs: Medical Coding
+ Expand All
9/28/2020 - 12/12/2020