UC San Diego has always been an innovator and leader in higher education. Now we’re paving the way for your successful path to the modern workplace. The LAUNCH program is designed for fulltime students who want to ensure their first step into the workplace puts them on the right path to career success. LAUNCH should be done concurrently with university study, ideally during a student’s junior and senior years.
The LAUNCH program covers the tuition cost of one certificate program for admitted students. LAUNCH students are responsible for paying the $60 application fee for their certicate, textbooks, and any lab/materials fees.
LAUNCH Application is currently closed.
LAUNCH Application Process:
- Submit application during active recruitment cycle
- Application will be reviewed after the submission window closes and students will be selected for in-person interviews
- Qualified students will be notified and offered a conditional acceptance with instructions on how to finalize their LAUNCH status
Students interested in learning more about LAUNCH can email email@example.com for more information.
Each LAUNCH student works with a coach who acts as a mentor throughout the program. The coach meets with the student quarterly to help identify the student's unique skills and career focus, develop those important “soft skills” employers are looking for in today’s job candidates and point the student towards services and programs that will help make the difference in landing that all-important first job after graduation.
Why Take LAUNCH?
- Get a jump on preparing for some of today's most promising jobs
- Gain practical knowledge from experts in the field
- Learn side-by-side with working professionals
- Document evidence of additional, focused study
- Increase confidence through personal coaching
- Stand out as a more competitive job candidate
This program is offered in cooperation with UCSD Academic Affairs, Undergraduate Education. The Launch program seeks to compliment a students undergraduate study and transition into the workforce upon graduation. Active undergraduate juniors and seniors have the opportunity to receive grant money to cover most course fees for most specialized and professional certificates that Extension has to offer.