What is LAUNCH?
The LAUNCH program covers the cost* of one certificate program for full-time UC San Diego students who want to ensure their first step into the workplace puts them on the right path to career success.
Why get a certificate from UC San Diego Extension?
VIEW ALL CERTIFICATES
- Get a jump on preparing for some of today's most promising jobs
- Gain practical knowledge from experts in the field
- Network and learn side-by-side with working professionals
- Document evidence of additional, focused study
- Stand out as a more competitive job candidate
Certificates not eligible for LAUNCH: Advanced Studies in Regulatory Science, Biotechnology Project Management, Brewing, Clinical Laboratory Scientist Training, College Counseling, Emergency Department Nursing, Gifted and Talented Education, Global Health and Policy, Leadership and Teamwork, Medical Writing, and Reading Instruction.
Upcoming Application Dates:
CLICK HERE FOR LAUNCH APPLICATION
||June 22, 2020 - September 12, 2020
||September 28, 2020 - December 12, 2020
||January 4, 2021 - March 20, 2021
||October 26, 2020 - October 30, 2020
||March 29, 2021 - June 11, 2021
||January 25, 2021 - January 29, 2021
||June 21, 2021 - September 4, 2021
||April 19, 2021 - April 23, 2021
* Please note that the application for LAUNCH and the certificate program differs. To be considered for the LAUNCH program, students must submit a LAUNCH application.
To apply, must be:
- A current Junior or Senior at UC San Diego
- Interested in entering the workforce after graduation
- Able to complete the certificate program a quarter after you graduate from UC San Diego
* Graduating seniors are eligible to apply for certificates that can be completed in the quarter after they graduate. For example, the Accelerated Paralegal, Accelerated Business Intelligence Analysis, and CAD/BIM are programs that can be completed in a quarter. If your last quarter is Spring, you’re welcome to apply for LAUNCH if those certificates can be completed in the summer (if offered).
- Apply within dates listed above
- Application will be reviewed and students will be selected for interviews (via Zoom)
- Qualified students will be notified and offered a conditional acceptance with instructions on how to finalize their LAUNCH status
*LAUNCH students are responsible for $95 certificate application fee, textbooks, and any lab/materials fees
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.