Effective Leadership and Teamwork in the Workplace
This course, the first of the Gradvantage Leadership and Teamwork certificate program for UC San Diego graduate students and post-docs, introduces you to the various approaches to effective organizational leadership and teamwork. Significant time will be spent utilizing various personality assessment tools to provide you with a comprehensive picture of your leadership and team strengths, preferences, styles, and areas for development. In addition, practice and experiential application will help you develop a strong sense of self, solid communication skills, and effective teamwork strategies.
- Purpose of teams and team roles
- Team development process
- Communication styles
- Leadership to motivate others for peak performance
- Leadership vs Management
- Situational leadership
- Influence strategies and tactics
- Leadership styles and organizational culture
- Managing conflict
- Conflict styles and assessment
- Giving and receiving feedback
- Building teams and minimizing team dysfunctions
- Presentation skills
- Working in multiple roles on a team
- Practicing communication, influence, and management styles
- Giving and recieving constructive feedback
- Delivering a short presentation
Course Typically Offered: Fall
Prerequisites: Acceptance in to the Leadership and Teamwork certificate program.
Next Steps: Upon completion of this course, you will take Leadership and Teamwork Practicum
and Project Management for the Collaborative Workplace.
More Information: For more information about this course, please contact email@example.com.
Note: This course is open to UC San Diego graduate and postdoctoral scholars in the Gradvantage Leadership and Teamwork certificate program only.
Course Number: BUSA-40886
Credit: 3.00 unit(s)
Related Certificate Programs: Leadership and Teamwork