Want to jump-start your future career? Acquire high-demand professional skills and real-world experience through a virtual internship with a leading San Diego company.
Through Futures VIP, students will develop a professional network as they interact remotely with coworkers and supervisors while contributing to meaningful projects. Students come away with a greater understanding of the range of opportunities across various high-wage, high-growth industries. After completing 15 hours of internship work, they will create a summary of their experience and present it at a virtual Futures VIP Celebration Summit.
What You Will Learn
Develop high-demand career skills and begin creating a professional network.
- Be able to practically apply 21st Century Essential Skills (critical thinking; communication; creativity and innovation; collaboration and teamwork; initiative and self-management; workplace context and culture) in the classroom and at the internship site.
- Know how to contextually apply the United Nations’ 17 Sustainable Development Goals.
- Be able to identify emerging technologies and innovation strategies within companies.
- Create an inventory of skills and personal characteristics needed for professional success.
- Establish a professional network of colleagues through the Futures Fellowship program.
- Develop a network of potential career mentors.
Note: Scholarships available! Please complete the scholarship application to be considered for award.
Course Number: AIP-90000
Credit: 3.00 unit(s)
+ Expand All
6/11/2021 - 7/22/2021