UC San Diego Extension remains committed to helping you achieve your educational goals. We have transitioned many of our courses to an ONLINE or LIVE ONLINE format, in an effort to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. We will resume in-person classes when it is deemed safe to do so.
ONLINE classes have pre-recorded lectures each week and guided assignments from the instructor.
LIVE ONLINE classes are fully online with live virtual class meetings each week using our Zoom conferencing system.
Practice and Master the Art and Craft of Good Writing
The Professional Certificate in Creative Writing is designed to provide you with the skills necessary to write in a variety of creative writing genres. You will learn core creative writing skills and choose from a selection of electives in the areas of Fiction, Creative Non-Fiction, Stage & Screenwriting, Children’s Writing, Poetry, and/or The Business of Writing in order to develop more specific skills. You’ll also benefit from a structured course of study and have the opportunity to earn a certificate whether you rely on these courses as a means to explore personal interests, pursue professional growth, or career goals.
Early enrollment discount available. Cost does not include textbooks or parking.
Varies by student and courses taken per quarter.
What You Will Learn:
- How to uncover how and where to find ideas through a class setting where lively discussion can support your writing process.
- Elements of style, voice, and dramatic structure to help you hone your writing skills through in-class exercises and assignments.
- The art and science of rewriting, editing, and submitting the work for publication.
- Benefit of producing material through exercises and assignments workshopped in read and critique sessions.
- Practice the art and craft of good writing.
This Program Is Designed For:
- This certificate is designed to fit the needs of hobbyists as well as those who have professional aspirations of becoming a published author.
For further information about this program, please enroll in the online on-demand Creative Writing Information Session.. Questions about our classes or certificates? Contact our department at 858-534-5760 or email@example.com.
There will be a $95 fee upon acceptance into the program