Digital Photography Workflow
9 Weeks | $325 | Online
Effectively managing the hundreds of digital photos you’ve taken can be unnecessarily challenging and time consuming if you do not develop an efficient workflow. This class covers a professional digital photography workflow using the industry standard software — Adobe Lightroom Classic and Adobe Photoshop CC, with a focus on Lightroom Classic for non-cloud based file management and image editing. Taught by industry experts, the class includes detailed demonstrations, hands-on exercises and constructive critiques to assist you in developing the necessary skills for a complete digital photography workflow as well as introductory techniques for enhanced photo editing and retouching in Photoshop CC. Lightroom Classic lessons include File Organization, Catalogs, Importing, Metadata, Collections, Develop Module and Exporting. Photoshop lessons include Layers, Selections, Retouching and a round trip workflow with Lightroom and Photoshop.
What You Will Learn:
- How to establish an effective digital photography workflow in Lightroom, including: importing, Catalog and Collection creation, keywording, rating, organizing, editing, and outputting images.
- How to professionally edit images: color, exposure, and contrast correction and enhancement, retouching, Black & White, and Split toning.
- Individual and batch adjustments, Preset creation.
- The ability to integrate Lightroom to Photoshop workflow. Utilize Layers and Selections in Photoshop.
- How to export and output images geared to a specific purpose: color space, size, metadata, watermark for print or web.
Quarters Offered: Fall, Winter, Spring, Summer | Online
Course Fee: $325
Prerequisite: Photo I: Aperture, Shutter Speed, and ISO (ART-40629).
Materials/Software/Hardware: Adobe Creative Cloud and LinkedIn Learning are required materials. LinkedIn Learning will be used as a reference guide. Fully adjustable DSLR or prosumer camera and Creative Cloud Photography Plan required (Lightroom Classic not Lightroom CC).
Note: Required course for Photography: Images and Techniques professional certificate. Course title changed from "Digital Darkroom: Capture to Computer" (ART 40630).
Contact: For more information about this course, please email the academic department at email@example.com.
Course Number: ART-40705
Credit: 3.00 unit(s)
Related Certificate Programs: Photography: Images and Techniques
+ Expand All
9/29/2020 - 11/29/2020