NEW Course - Fundamentals of 5G NR
Current wireless cellular systems are projected to be replaced by a significantly faster and more versatile new generation of wireless technology – 5G, as soon as 2019. In this new online course, you will learn the fundamentals of 5G NR (New Radio) – the radio access network of 5G. The materials will be based on the standards (3GPP Technical Specifications Release 15) with insights drawn from the instructor’s first-hand experience in contributing to the 5G standards. Simple examples and exercises will be provided to help the students grasp the key concepts. Hands-on projects will be available to those students who want to have an in-depth understanding of certain topics.
- 5G use cases and 3GPP standards status
- Waveforms: OFDM, DFT-spread-OFDM
- Numerology, frame structure, HARQ
- Channel coding (LDPC and polar code)
- Massive MIMO: precoding, CSI feedback
- Beamforming: hybrid beamforming, operation at mmWave
- Data channel, control channel, initial access
- Advanced Quality of Service (QoS) support in 5G
- Co-existence between NR and LTE
- Online delivery provides participants with schedule flexibility
- Apply key technologies of 5G NR (New Radio), the global 5G standard for a new radio access network designed to support a wide array of 5G device-types, services, spectrum and deployments
- Analyze 5G use cases, including Enhanced Mobile Broadband (EMBB), Ultra Reliable and Low Latency Communication (URLLC), massive Machine Type communication (mMTC)
- Look up 3GPP Technical Specifications
- Explain the differences between NR and LTE
Course Typically Offered: Online in Winter and Summer quarter.
Who Will Benefit: This course is intended for working professionals and students with a background or interest in wireless communications.
Next Step: After completing this course, consider taking other courses in the Wireless Engineering certificate program to continue learning.
Contact: For more information about this course, please email email@example.com.
Course Number: EE-40177
Credit: 3.00 unit(s)
Related Certificate Programs: Wireless Engineering
+ Expand All
7/9/2019 - 9/7/2019