Wireless communications technology has developed without measure over the past twenty years. The worldwide success of cellular and Wi-Fi technologies resulted in an increased demand for engineers skilled in wireless engineering, and opened the doors to the new fields of study in LTE, 5G, and Wi-Fi. As a result of these rapid developments in the field, involved individuals need to build and sharpen their skills for present and future wireless industries.
The Wireless Engineering online certificate program is intended to provide practicing engineers, product managers and other technical personnel, with leading edge specialized knowledge in wireless systems and standards for advancement in career and productivity. The program also incorporates courses that cover key technologies, including multi-carrier, multi-antenna, and multi-user wireless communications, RF and microwave engineering, wireless signal processing and coding, as well as IoT (Internet of Things). Equipped with this foundational knowledge, participants will be able to address current and emerging challenges in the wireless field.
- Explore the latest wireless technologies including LTE, 5G and Wi-Fi
- Online courses provide convenient and flexible course schedule
- Program can be completed in as little as 15 months
- Remain up-to-date in a constantly evolving wireless industry
- Prepare for new opportunities in the wireless engineering industry
Demand and Job Prospects:
- Job titles for people with wireless engineering skills include: Computer Systems Engineers/Architects, Software Application Developers, Information Security Analysts, Network and Computer Systems Administrators, Computer User Support Specialists, Software Quality Assurance Engineers and Testers, Computer Network Support Specialists, and Information Technology Project Managers.
- Industries include: Professional, Scientific, Technical Services. Information Technology, Health Care,and Education
- Burning Glass Technologies report an average growth rate across these industries at 5.8% and projects a national change in employment (2016-2036) at an average of 15%
- Top employers include: Intel, Verizon, T-Mobile, AT&T, Sprint, Cisco, Qualcomm, Ericsson, Karma Automotive, Amazon, Samsung and World Wide Technologies
- Burning Glass technologies reported an average salary in 2018 to be $94K
Who Will Benefit:
- Anyone who possess a BSEE
- Candidates who do not have a BSEE but have equivalent knowledge and experience in the field of communications engineering
- Product Managers
- Students without these qualifications should enroll in the course Signals and Systems (ECE-40051) prior to beginning this program
At a Glance:
- Number of courses: Five courses (3 required and 2 electives)
- Total units: 15
- Estimated cost: $4,020.00 (excludes prerequisite, textbooks, and materials)
- Time to complete: Students taking one course per quarter can complete the program in 15 months
- Delivery: All courses are offered in online format only
For more information about this program, please email email@example.com.
There will be a $95 fee upon acceptance into the program