Photographic Portraiture I
9 weeks | $350 | Hybrid
Develop competence and confidence as a portrait photographer while learning the photographic techniques associated with portraiture – proper aperture and shutter speed, posing, expressions, and environment. Learn portraiture composition rules to enhance your subject and create meaningful, powerful portraits. Participate in weekly shooting assignments and demonstrations, discussions, and class critiques to help make the most of digital imaging technology for the entire portrait process – from image design and capture to processing and printing. Class includes a discussion of the digital workflow of portraiture, including coordination, planning, and design of portrait session, image management and post-processing techniques, image exports, and how to provide image selection to your subjects and/or clients.
Please note the winter 2022 offering of this course will be taught in a hybrid format. Students must be local to the Greater San Diego area to complete this course. See the schedule below for a breakdown of class locations and times.
- Thursday, 1/13, 6-9pm - Taught via Zoom
- Thursday, 1/20, 6-9pm - Taught via Zoom
- Thursday, 1/27, 6-9pm - Taught via Zoom
- Saturday, 1/29, 9am-3pm - Field trip to Balboa Park
- Thursday, 2/3, 6-9pm - In-person class taught at University City Center (UCC 116)
- Thursday, 2/10, 6-9pm - In-person class taught at University City Center (UCC 116)
- Saturday, 2/12, 8am-3pm - In-person class taught at University City Center (UCC 116)
Quarters Offered: Winter | Hybrid
Course Fee: $350
Note: Students are required to have their own off-camera flash. Elective course for Photography: Images and Techniques professional certificate.
Contact: For more information about this course, please email email@example.com.
Course Number: ART-40689
Credit: 3.00 unit(s)
Related Certificate Programs: Photography: Images and Techniques
+ Expand All
1/13/2022 - 2/12/2022