R is an open-source programming language and software environment for statistical computing and graphics, supported by the The R Foundation. This cross platform coding environment is widely used among statisticians and data miners for developing statistical software and data analysis.
Our Specialized Certificate in R for Data Analytics will formally introduce you to the R environment so that you are comfortable and familiar with the platform. Once you have taken our introduction course, the remaining coursework will focus on developing skills in statistical computing, data management, and data visualization.
- All courses can be taken online, many offered each academic quarter.
- Practical, comprehensive hands-on training.
- Immediately applicable skills taught by leading industry practitioners.
- Industry-neutral curriculum allows you to apply knowledge in a variety of fields and industries.
- Starting with the fundamentals, learn to use the R Programming language for powerful data analysis.
- Master the most widely used statistical methods, while also learning to design efficient and informative studies, to perform statistical analyses using R.
- Work independently to solve common data management tasks by developing customized and reusable programs in the data science field.
- Generate different types of figures, such as histograms, bar plots, scatter plots, line plots, etc. using several plotting systems and package.
Demand and Job Prospects
- According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), the median wages for a Computer and Information Research Scientist are $86,510 per year nationwide.
- Computer and Information Research Scientists is an O*NET “Bright Outlook” job: a new and emerging role in a high growth industry.
Who will Benefit?
- Someone who aspires to work in a data-centric field such as: Data Science, Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Business Analytics, etc.
- A seasoned analytical practitioner that would like to incorporate R programming techniques alongside an existing skill set.
At a Glance
- Number of courses: Four (4) required courses
- Total units: Twelve (12)
- Estimated cost: $2,950 (excludes textbooks, software, related materials)
- Time to complete: Flexible; most students complete the program in six to twelve months
- Delivery: All courses offered online
For more information about this program, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
There will be a $95 fee upon acceptance into the program