Growing a small business can be as challenging as it is rewarding. Critical decisions often have to be made quickly. There are a lot of aspects to running a business that are not always covered in traditional business classes.
The Small Business Management suite of offerings is designed to fill this gap. Through 1 hour sessions, workshops and courses, expert practitioners will dive into key topics that are not only important for day-to-day operations, but to also help companies become successful over the long term.
1-Hour Monthly Sessions
These are interactive sessions that will explore key topics that are important daily operations and company success.
The monthly sessions are FREE and open to the public. Cross Campus and Downtown Works are collaborators and hosts of the various sessions.
- Convenient morning and lunch sessions
- Short, one-hour sessions on topics relevant to small businesses
- Speakers are leading industry practitioners
- All sessions are complimentary (FREE!)
In Partnership With:
Performance Management: What You Need to Know and Why It's Important!
Friday, July 26; 8:30am - 9:30am PDT
Effective performance management is the key to leveraging employee talent and creativity in a dynamic and changing 21st century workplace. When done correctly, it becomes fundamental to an organization's ability to select, train, retain, reward, and motivate the right talent in the right ways to execute strategy. This session will cover reasons for implementing a performance management practice, current trends, and share a model that you can adopt for your business.
Lead Generation Fundamentals that Actually Work in 2019
Friday, August 2, 12:00pm - 1:00pm PDT
The marketing objective of most companies or organizations is to set up consistent channels for lead generation, with online channels being much more effective than cold calling and direct mail. Perfect for business owners, marketing managers, and agency employees alike, participants will learn how to decide which channels are most effective for their niche to generate leads, the basics of setting up these channels, and guiding principles behind optimization.
More workshops and courses coming soon!
Previous Sessions in the Series:
- Small Business Tax Talk for 2017 and Beyond
- Nonprofits: Getting Support
- Effective Talent Acquisition Strategies
- Building High-Performance Teams
- Creating a Purpose-Driven Organization
- Selling Through Evangelism & Advocacy
- Build4Scale: Helping Innovators with Manufacturing Fundamentals
- Customer Experience Insights: Being Better, Different, & More Profitable
- Managing Small Business Disputes: Mediation and Workplace Investigations
- Content Marketing: Crafting Effective Audience-First Content
- Founders Must be Product Managers First
- Managing Stress and Motivating Ourselves with Mindfulness & Self-Compassion
- Polishing Your Pitch & Happy Hour
- The 3 Metrics That Matter Most: Building the Blocks of Business Improvement
- Creating a Culture & Best Practices to Support Remote Workers