UNIX & Linux System Adminisration I
This course provides students with the skills to effectively handle UNIX and Linux system administration. Topics include installation in a virtual environment, networking, disk and file management, users and groups administration, and backing up and restoring a UNIX-Linux system. Extensive hands-on lab exercises with dedicated virtual systems immediately reinforce lecture material.
- Installation in a virtual environment
- Startup and Shutdown
- Superuser/Root Privileges
- The File System
- Filesystem Backups
- Installation of UNIX Operating System
- System Administration of UNIX and Linux Operating Systems (OS)
- Installation of UNIX-Linux OS
- Adding New Users
- Disk and File Management
- Users and Groups Administration
- Backing Up and Restoring a UNIX-Linux OS
- Hands-on lab exercises with dedicated virtual systems
Course Typically Offered: Online - Fall and Spring
Prerequisite: UNIX & Linux Operating Systems Fundamentals or equivalent knolwedge and experience.
Next Step: Upon completion of this course, consider taking UNIX & Linux System Administration II to continue learning.
Contact: For more information about this course, please email InfoTech@ucsd.edu.
Course Number: CSE-41269
Credit: 3.00 unit(s)
Related Certificate Programs: UNIX & Linux System Administration
+ Expand All
9/24/2019 - 11/19/2019