Discover your own creative language through the use of acrylic or oil paint and the formal elements of design. Students will pursue individual assignments based on a specific idea or subject matter for the entire quarter. Ideas can range from the purely non-objective (a sustained exploration of color, form, rhythm via line, etc.), or may have more to do with representation (narration of a story, description of an object, a memory, a person, or even the investigation of a specific emotion).
Note: First class meeting is mandatory. Prerequisite: Abstract Painting (ART 40194).
Please bring the following supplies to first class meeting:
- One stretched canvas or canvas panel with your choice of size
- Assorted paintbrushes of various sizes and oil and/or acrylic paints that you already have
- Vine or willow charcoal sticks
- One roll of paper towels (Viva is best)
- Palette (disposable paper is fine)
- If using oils, a non-oder low toxic solvent
- Containers for water and/or solvents
Course Number: ART-40304
Credit: 3.00 unit(s)
Related Certificate Programs: Art and the Creative Process