Building on "Java Programming III: Intermediate Java Programming
you will attain many of the specific topics in the Oracle Certified Professional Java Programmer (OCPJP) exam, including the Java runtime environment, generic collections, thread handling and synchronization, native methods, standard file IO (java.io), socket-based network programming and serialization (java.net), and Java Remote Method Invocation (RMI). You will apply object-oriented techniques (interfaces, abstract classes, inner classes, etc.) to create applications using Swing components (javax.swing) and appropriate Javadoc comments. Additional topics include new I/O, JNI, and unit testing with JUnit.
- The Java Virtual Machine (JVM) - managing object creation, execution and garbage collection
- Test driven developments
- Java 9 modulatiry
- Concurrent programming - thread handling and synchronization
- Functional programming
- REST-based web services
- Java networking with sockets
- Distributed Java applications
- Java security
Course Learning Outcomes:
- Understand how to be a more effective Java developer
- Acquire an understanding of advanced Java concepts and apply them in the real world
- Deploy the latest Java features
- Gain the knowledge to prepare yourself for the Oracle Java certification exam
Hardware: Access to a computer and a Java compiler required.
Optional Reading: Core Java Volume 1 - 10th ed. Author - Cay S. hortskmann - Publisher - Prentice Hall - ISBN-13: 978-0134177304
Course Typically Offered: In-class in Summer quarter. Online in Winter and Fall quarters.
Prerequisite: CSE-40481 Java Programming III: Intermediate Java Programming or equivalent knowledge and experience.
Next Step: After completing this course consider taking CSE-41321 Data Structures and Algorithms in Java to continue building your skills.
Contact: For more information about this course, please email email@example.com.
Course Number: CSE-40482
Credit: 3.00 unit(s)
Related Certificate Programs: Java Programming