Java Programming I: Fundamental Java Concepts
Exploring the fundamentals, the curriculum introduces programmers to Java programming concepts such as methods, arrays, lists, as well as object-oriented programming and design utilizing inheritance, polymorphism, and abstraction.
This course aims to provide beginning programmers with a basic understanding of the Java language and tools as well as object-oriented programming and design.
- Classes, objects, methods, arrays, and lists
- Object-oriented programming and design utilizing inheritance, polymorphism, and abstraction
- The proper use of Oracle's online Java documentation
- Debugging Java programs using an IDE
- Writing simple Object-oriented programs in Java
- Running unit tests to verify program behavior
- Effectively use Oracle’s online Java documentation
- An understanding of the costs and benefits of Java development
Course Typically Offered: Fall (in-class), Winter, Spring and Summer (online)
Required Software: Java SE Development Kit (JDK 12).
Recommended Software: Eclipse IDE.
Prerequisites: Introduction to Programming Using Java or equivalent knowledge and experience.
Next Step: After completing this course, consider taking Java Programming II: Core Java Programming to continue learning.
Contact: For more information about this course, please email email@example.com.
Course Number: CSE-40479
Credit: 3.00 unit(s)
Related Certificate Programs: Android Programming, Java Programming
+ Expand All
7/9/2019 - 9/7/2019